Looking back at 2013, I think it was a continuation for me of 2012 where most of my projects were about trying new things and skill building. I completed only one large quilt for myself and other larger quilts were completed for charity.
Since I am a self taught sewist, it was nice to attend classes at Quiltcon, the Houston International Festival, and thru Craftsy. It was so much fun, I really hope to attend more classes in 2014.
I also participated in the monthly challenge projects at Le Challenge, which I think have been tough. But, I have really enjoyed these challenges.
My goals for 2014:
- Attend more quilt classes
- Practice more machine quilting so I can feel more comfortable when I quilt. (I still feel hesitant to start, with a feeling that that I might ruin the quilt).
- Use up some of my gorgeous stash and not be so afraid to cut into it
- Push the envelope and get out of my comfort zone.
- And lastly, finish what I started. I need to get serious about tackling the UFO's (un-finished objects) that have taken over my sewing area.