Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11/13

This past weekend, my family and I participated in the 9/11 Heroes Run at Ellington Field in Houston.  I jogged and walked the 5K (OK, mostly walked).


Two years ago at this run it was very hot.  This time, it rained on us about half way through the race.
 
 
It stopped raining briefly, and I was able to take a nice flag photo while walking under the American flag.

 


 
 We made it to the finish line before the rain returned and we hope to be back next year.
 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Mina! My family members are all runners, all 3 kids and my DH love to run! I like to walk, I can walk fast but running takes an awful toll on my body, so I listen to my body! I'll stick to walking and yoga and bike riding! 5k's are a fun way to exercise in community, love participating in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done x it doesnt matter if you crawelled (though I dont reccomend it!! lol ) just that you took part x

    ReplyDelete