I have been having a good time reading and laughing at everyone's 10 Quilty Little Secrets so I thought I would join in and air some of mine.
1. I sew over pins all the time and have for many, many years. If I break a needle (which is rare), I put a new one in my machine and move on. I even broke the plastic guide off the right side of my 1/4 inch Janome sewing foot so I could sew over pins.
2. My scraps are not organized by color. They are dumped into a very large box or are in many shoeboxes.
3. I don't press, I iron. I don't set the seam and I don't iron open my seams. I tried it once, but couldn't see the advantage.
4. I don't like a lot of quilting on quilts. Oh yah, I said that.
5. EPP is just not for me, seems too fussy.
6. I don't pre-wash my fabric and I don't wash my quilts as soon as I am through making them.
7. I love watching sewing videos on Craftsy and Youtube and I am grateful to those that share. But it drives me crazy to hear "um" as every other word.
8. I don't like to pin baste. My few pins are placed very far apart, and I haven't had a problem yet with fabric shifting.
9. I don't understand the fuss over Liberty fabrics, batiks, Japanese fabrics, and linens.
10. I like to keep my machine's bobbin area clean and lint free.
What about you? Have you any little quilty secrets to share?