Friday, August 1, 2014

Finish It Friday - Conquering the Pink Fabrics

I think I made a huge dent in my pile of pink fabrics!


This pink brick quilt is on its way to Margaret's Hope Chest.
 

I have a stack of Disappearing Hourglass blocks and a stack of mini churn dash blocks.
 
These mini blocks have been on my to-do list for some time and I was happy to see a scrappy churn dash quilt in Quiltopedia.  This will be my second project from the book.


Then, I started making pillowcases for ConKerr.  September is the Miles of Smiles event which has a goal to make a pillowcase for every child facing cancer or other life threatening illnesses.


I got on a roll making these pillowcases and kept going even when I ran out of pink fabrics.
 
 
 Purge button
 
Today is the link up for the Purge.  Not sure what my goals are for next week.  I have a few more pillowcases to finish, and I may work on some spiderweb blocks.
 
Linking today to Finish It Fridays and to Whoop, Whoop Fridays 

5 comments:

  1. I love those cats! Great brick quilt too, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love those disappearing enevolope blocks? I want to make a quilt out of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really going through some fabrics, pink and otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink hope chest quilt is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pink cat fabric. Do you remember who makes it?

    ReplyDelete