Friday, August 29, 2014

Finish It Friday - 100 Quilts For Kids

 Purge button
 
Today is a check in for the Purge.  This week I completed 2 quilts that are on the way to MHC as part of 100 Quilts For Kids.
 
The Disappearing Hourglass quilt was made using a stack of scraps from my pink "Purge" pile.  (Oops, I just noticed that a leaf fell on my quilt when I took the photo). 


And this simple quilt was made using floral fabrics. 

 
Since the last update, I have completed 2 scrappy house tops and am over 50% finished with my lime spiderweb blocks. 

Of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't start something new while I am working on other projects.  The blue scraps have become Greek cross blocks that I hope will be a top soon. 
 
My scrap boxes are starting to thin out....well sorta.
 
Linking up today to Finish It Friday and to Whoop, Whoop Friday.
 

11 comments:

  1. Your quilts are lovely. I would have a hard time parting with some of those floral fabrics. So pretty - the kind of fabric I would never use, just take out of the box and pet them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pink quilt. I want to make that pattern sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your quilts are gorgeous! I especially love the disappearing hourglass -- what a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts. Your post reminds me I need to do something about my finishes for 100 Quilts For Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful finishes. They are wonderful charity quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on two lovely finishes. Really like the first one even though I am not a "pink" girl. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Disappearing Hourglass quilt is simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your pink purge quilt!!! I think that is one of my most favorite color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the use of Sassaman fabrics in the floral quilt.

    ReplyDelete