Monday, October 3, 2011


ARGHHHHHH!!!! and I don't mean that in a pirate sort of way!  Although thinking of Johnny Depp briefly helps.

I first started working with the purple hexagons and used a 1/4 inch seam allowance which seemed like a very small amount of fabric to work with.  I had a bit of trouble but thought they looked OK.  Then when I tried to join them, I found they were kinda lopsided.  After a bit of frustration, I decided too throw the lot back in the stash and work on another project.

After cooling down and not being one to just give up, I decided to try again this time with the blue hexagons.  I used a more generous seam allowance but these too did not seem to match up.  I thought maybe I could make them fit when I attached them.  No such luck.  Not only could I not get them joined evenly, the joining stitches were visible.

I think its time to step back and read some more tutorials.  I must be missing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment