Monday, October 8, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Feathers


I have always liked the feathers pattern created by Anna Maria Horner.  I have a bundle of Happy Go Lucky that I did not know how to use.  Its a bit too floral and pastel for my current tastes, but I had a feeling that it would work well as feathers.

 
 
I made a test feather and am quite pleased with the result.  The pattern has an option of a pieced background, or you can choose to applique the feather.  I am still choosing a background and am leaning toward this tan Kona that I have in my stash.
 
Linking up today to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to the Lets Get Acquainted Blog Hop.
 
Blogtoberfest - Day 8

5 comments:

  1. Neat feather and the fabrics are perfect for feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this looks and can't wait to give it a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Love this!!! Very pretty!!!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I think the background choice is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting -- and I really like it. The Kona tan looks really good to me. It makes the feathers stand out so well.

    ReplyDelete