Monday, October 1, 2012

Color Palette Challenge - September



The color palette for September's challenge was chosen by Vicki Welsh at Field Trips in Fiber.

For this month's challenge, I searched my stash and found the following fabrics from a Garden Diva's bundle.

I thought that the colors really matched great, but I had a difficult time finding a way to combine the fabrics.  Then, I read about the party at Craft Buds  to celebrate that September was Craft Book month. 

I realized that there was a pattern that I had seen in a book I had recently won during a blog hop.  The mini is called "The Fan" and is found in Jane Sassaman's book "Patchwork Sassaman Style".
 
I had to change the dimensions of the arch a bit to fit the fussy cut fabric.  Can you tell, I'm kinda really loving polka dots a lot right now?  I call this mini "Dawn & Dusk" and it is 18x18.

Check out all of the other Color Palette Challenge projects at Patchwork Times.
Each month, Judy chooses a random winner for a bundle of fabric from Vicki's Etsy store.  In August, I was selected and received the following dyed fabrics from Vicki.  My first thought was thunderstorm.  Now, I will have to see how I can interpret that using these fabrics.  Thanks Vicki.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics...they do look a bit like a thunder storm...or the first rays of sun on a quiet lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like sawing so I always admire people that are enjoying themselves quilting. Awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete