Friday, January 2, 2015

Hello 2015!

Goodbye 2014 and hello 2015!

2014 was an interesting time for me, sewing-wise.  If I had to choose a word to describe last year, it would be "focused" or maybe "determined".


The first quarter of the year was spent pattern testing.  Then in the Spring I walked into my sewing room and had a horrible, depressing moment.  I had to admit that my stash, scraps, and WIPs were out of control!  I mean, it hit me hard when I realized that my stash could outlive me!  And add to that feeling a bit of buyer's remorse when I wondered if the Janome 8900 was a good purchase for me.


I decided to slay that stash monster and get organized.  I participated in every quilt drive and block drive I could find and also made tote bags and pillow cases for charity.  My Janome no longer taunted me as it got seriously used for much of last year.  Sometimes it seems like I didn't make a dent in the stash, but I have a feeling that I did.

My goals for 2015
  • Have fun at Quiltcon 2015! 
  • Be more intentional with my color choices on my projects.
  • Take better pictures (Ugh! I know, I know this is an old goal...but it is time to tackle it).
  • Take some time to practice more FMQ on quilt sandwiches
  • Explore improv quilting
  • Total blog redesign

I haven't chosen a word for 2015 yet, but I am thinking it will be "flow."

Linking today to Finish it Friday and Whoop, Whoop Friday.

2 comments:

  1. I know that SABLE feeling (Stash accumulation beyond life expectancy). I love your houses quilt, so bright and inviting looking.

    ReplyDelete