Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 Finish Along - Quarter 1 Intentions

I am hoping to keep up the momentum from 2014 and continue to increase my finishes in 2015.  So I am joining the 2015 Finish-Along and listing my ambitious goals for Quarter 1.

(1) Tilt.  Poor Tilt, this top was completed in 2012 and was my first attempt at machine quilting.  I ran out of thread, bought new thread, then used that for a different project.  The quilting is 75% complete and I think it really is time to finish this quilt.


(2) Happy-Go-Lucky Hexy quilt.  My car project from Christmas 2013 travel has been a top for awhile now.  The hand quilting is about 10% completed.


(3) Lime Spider Web.  I finished my red spider web in the Fall of 2013 and loved it so much I started another one in lime.  Spider Webs are a great scrap busting project.  It is so great, that I currently am out of scraps.  70% of the blocks are completed.


(4) Idea Pouch.  I think I bought the buttons for the enclosure, I just need to find them and sew them on. 



(5). Scrappy Happy Houses.  I keep on making these houses because they use up a lot of scraps and look so cute!  My current stack of blocks can make 2 and 1/2 quilts, so my goal would be to make 2 house quilts.


(6). Improv Circles.  This mini is 26 x 27 and is bound, but I have always kept it in my WIP pile.  It never seemed finished to me.  I want to display this as a piece of art, and my goal is to try and find a way to mount this piece.  I recently found a tutorial that showed how to mount a quilt to a wooden frame.  So I may try that, if I can find that tute again.



(7).  Texas Quilt.  The top is 50% completed.
(8).  Improv blocks from Quiltcon 2013 class.  Top is completed, just needs quilting.
(9).  City Sampler Tula Pink blocks completed and need to be made into a top. 
(10). Pink Greek Cross quilt blocks completed and need to be turned into a top.
(11). Lolly scrap quilt.  All the strips have been cut from yardage since I am not using a jelly roll.
(12). Hip To Be Square Challenge.  The stack of blue scrap squares are cut 
(13).  The Proverbial Quilt was completed in 2012, but I couldn't figure out how to quilt it.  I really like the fabric and would love to finish the quilt.  Most likely I will not get to this project until later this year.



This sounds like a lot of projects, but maybe writing them down this on a list will motivate me to start moving.  Hoping I will have some Quarter 1 finishes to show.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

1 comment:

  1. I love your houses and improv circles. Good luck with your projects!

    ReplyDelete