Its the first Design Wall Monday of the year and I have a design wall! Yes, no more using the floor. Over the holidays, I moved some furniture and created a design wall.
The first project for the design wall are these blocks that I made during an improv class at Quiltcon 2013. I sewed them all together, but then put the project away. I never felt right about this piece because the blocks were lost when sewed together.
So I got out the seam ripper and threw them up on the design wall. They look so much better now that they have been set free. First up, I think that I will reinforce a few seams and then press the blocks.
It may be ambitious, but I think that finishing this project will be my January goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes.