Friday, April 26, 2013

Finish it Friday - Quilts For Boston

This week I lamented that I had so many WIPs and I needed to focus on getting them completed.  Well, everything came to a stop when I read that the Boston Modern Quilt Guild is requesting blocks to assemble into Quilts For Boston.




There are a few requirements and the details are listed on their blog.  Basically, its a block made with the colors white, yellow, blue or gray in any combination.  There is also a Flickr group set up to share your blocks.
 
I found that I don't have much yellow in my stash, but I did open a fat quarter bundle that had all shades of blue.  I have finished several improv blocks and I think the next block will be a wonky house.


 
There is a quick turn around time and all blocks must be received by May 24th.  I hope to see your blocks in the Flickr group soon!
 
 
 
 
Linking today to Finish it Friday and to Whoop Whoop Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Are they going to share the quilts with the patients who were injured? That is a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project, and a great way to use up blocks with no overall plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and yellow is one of my all time favourite combos! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete