Monday, April 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Marcelle Medallion

Oh, I have so many WIPs on my sewing table that I am beginning to feel like I am drowning in WIPs!

I have started the Marcelle Medallion quilt.  If you have been thinking about trying it but have been wondering if that star was a bit too advanced, I say go for it.  Triangles are my weakness, but I found that using the templates make it go together quite easily. 


The next row is equilateral triangles, and there are templates provided as well.  But I think I am going to try to create this row with paper pieced triangles.

Active WIPs
  1. Monthly Le-Challenge mini - This month's theme is "wings".  The mini top is finished, just need to figure out how I am going to quilt it.
  2. Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - I am still debating on an entry.  I just don't think that the hand quilting will be completed on my very large quilt.  My fingers are very poked and sore right now.  This quilt may just have to wait till the Fall festival.
  3. Modern Mini Challenge -  This was a great source of inspiration last year.  I may have a project in progress.  I am still thinking about it.
  4. Scrap Attack QAL String Fever - I hope to create a mini, but I used up most all my scraps on my spider web quilt (which also needs quilting).
  5. Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge - 3 lap quilts are completed and 1 child's quilt needs binding.
  6. Craftsy - I love Craftsy, and have several modern mini's from the "Inspired Modern Quilts" class that need to be quilted.  I also want to make the lap size variation of these quilts.
Linking today to Design Wall Monday and to the Lets Get Acquainted Link-up.

15 comments:

  1. Nice start to the quilt.DS Ladder dots is one of my favs.
    AmandaK@whatthebobbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely star, good work. Best of luck with all of the WIPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one. Seeing your list makes me wonder why I don't have one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful medallion!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is beautiful xx just keep trying with those WIP s xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely start to your Marcelle Medallion quilt. Good luck with all of your WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking medallion block. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I am hoarding Field Study fabrics so I can use them in this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! Eek, that's quite a few WIPs, and here I am stressing because I have three... I don't feel so alone now! ;-)
    Have fun!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of WIPs! It seems that most of mine are in the 'to be quilted' pile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am scared to share my list!!! It just keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That star really looks like the beginning of something beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiufl block! Visiting from Let's Get Acquainted. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is that beauty on the left in your header? It is outstanding. And, boy, you really do have a lot on your plate.

    ReplyDelete