Wow, I just reviewed my to-do list from last Wednesday and I realized that I have made great progress over the long holiday weekend. I was able to get in a lot of good quilting time.
I started on my project for the Amy Butler Cameo sew-along. I was over-thinking my design and did nothing for 3 days. I finally just cut into the fabric and the piece looks exactly how I imagined.
Since this mini quilt is almost complete, I started on 2 more Cameo projects - a hexie pillow and a mantle scarf for the fireplace. This was my first time working with trim and although I love the look of the pom-poms, it was kind of a bear to sew. I think this was because the pom poms did not have much trim material. I just could not get this to work on my machine even when using a scant seam allowance. I ended up blind stitching this by hand.