Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Scrappy Stripes

I came home from vacation and found a box of scraps in my mail.  How fun!

I immediately knew that I wanted to make some blocks for this month's Covered In Love block drive. 

This month's block is a scrappy stripe block created by Cynthia who has asked for blocks in warm colors of orange, red, yellow, or purple.  


I dont think that I have ever made a yellow quilt before, but seeing all these bright blocks on my design wall make me think I need a yellow quilt.


7 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mina! My yellow scraps always seem to sneak up on me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the call of the yellow lately, myself. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I can't wait to see them in person. Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your blocks have brightened my day! The yellows, reds and oranges makes me think of hot-poker flowers. You've sewn together a bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic blocks!! I hope you are all right since you are in Houston. do tell us if there is something we can do to specifically help other than donate to the normal disaster organizations. Take care from Iowa

    ReplyDelete