Friday, September 18, 2015

Finish It Friday - Tilt!

Yes, I can finally say that Tilt is finished!  Started December 2011 and completed September 2015.  


This pattern is found in Kaffe Fassett's "Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts".  The fabric is Olivia's Holiday and 10 various solids.

 

This is the first quilt that I started to machine quilt and was about half finished when I ran out of light gray thread.  I was having a tough time struggling with it in my machine so there it sat for a few years.


But with the help of making monthly goals during A Lovely Year of Finishes and quarterly goals for the 2015 Finish Along, I was able to focus on my WIP stack and get it completed.

Linking today to Finish It Friday and to Whoop, Whoop Friday.

8 comments:

  1. YEA! Nothing like finishing an older quilt to make you feel fabulous. Great job. Such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your quilt is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh that is beautiful! I love the green and it looks gorgeous with the hints of pink and neutrals. Fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Awesome job on this finish. Beautiful quilt, and I love the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love green. And that green is very cheery. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I took about 6 years over one Kaffe Fassett quilt, it's a funny feeling having an unfinished quilt for that long, but yours was definitely worth pursuing, it's looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to have a finish and what a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete