Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - March

I can't believe that March is almost gone.  I may have missed my February goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes, but my March goal has been completed.


The Happy Go Lucky hexy quilt has been completed!  This quilt started out as a project for a long car ride during Christmas 2013.  The placement of the hexagons is totally random.  Since the hexies are hand pieced, I decided to hand quilt this piece.

I like having this done because it reminds me of a Spring quilt, the kind that is ready to take out for a picnic.  I have already started its sister quilt done in "Miss Kate".

Linking today to A Lovely Year of Finishes and to Whoop, Whoop Fridays.

alyof2015

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning - I love it. How long did it take you to hand quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hexie finish! All that hand quilting...impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely hexies! It's funny... I had never seen this fabric collection around before, and then I made a Charm Pack Cherry with it recently. Now I seem to see it everywhere! Way to go on making your March goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok. I have to say that I'm impressed. It's not easy sewing row of hexie together. Love the randomness and the white thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the random arrangement. And all hand-made. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the random hexie placement. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely finish! Handmade hexi's and hand quilted.. very impressed! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a good hexie quilt, and this one is gorgeous! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete