Monday, June 10, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Maritime Challenge

Sew Sweetness
 
I have finished my Tula blocks and thought I would have some time this weekend for sewing the top together, but I had to stop and make a quilt for my mom to give to her sick friend.  Maybe, having a project break was good because I am still waffling on the final layout.  Not sure if I will stick to a grid layout, or attempt something more complicated.
 
So, I think its on to a different project.  The Le Challenge theme this month is "maritime" and the linkups are on the 15th.  I can't believe it, but I have been through my stash twice and still do not have a plan or any inspiration.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute on this project.
 
But, I am happy to get a package today.

 
Terri at From Here To Quilternity is taking here shop in a new direction and is having a blow out sale.  I love to shop from this site as I always get my order right away.  Some of the fabrics I saw were as low as $1.95/yard.  I bought some Amy Butler and Tina Givens.  Unfortunately, no fabric will help me with the "maritime" challenge.
  
Also, the 2013 Lets Get Acquainted blog hop has started at Plum and June.  I had a great time last year and can't wait to visit the stops in 2013.

 
Linking up today to Design Wall Monday and the Monday Lets Get Acquainted meet up. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words about my little shop and for your patronage! I have had so much fun with it for the last 8 years and will certainly miss selling yardage. I do appreciate you helping me get the word out. Take care... Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le Challenge is a fun idea, but I may have to sit out this month too ... hmm, unless I get my daughter's fishing hat done. Gotta love new fabric, I'll go check out that sale!

    ReplyDelete