Friday, November 14, 2014

Le Challenge - X

This month's Le Challenge theme is "X", the unknown.  I have 2 Spoonflower samples that I thought would work great for this challenge - the mathmatical equations and the detective that solves the unknown.
 

These samples are 8 inch square and are different materials.  The Sherlock material is fine and the equations are on canvas.  I knew that I wanted to keep as much of the fabric as possible as a whole piece, and not cut into it.

 
The "solution" was to make a flat zip pouch accented with a bold red zipper.  To give the piece a little structure, the samples were backed with iron-on fleece interfacing.
 

I did break a needle while sewing over the zipper so I learned a lesson to be more careful on my next pouch.  I am so glad I finally got to use these samples.

Check out more of this month's "X" themed entries at Le Challenge.
 photo LeChalleng
 
Also linking today to Finish It Friday and Whoop Whoop Friday.

7 comments:

  1. oh my - I have to, really have to get some of both of those fabrics. Where sells them Mina?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you design those fabrics? I want some of the equation fabric. Badly. Nice job on the pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use sample fabrics, and I have broken a needle or two or more, hey who's doing the math, going over zippers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of this month's theme! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation - it did not even came to my mind! Brilliant! Thanks for participating in le challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use for those fabrics. The zipper gives it the perfect pop of color.

    ReplyDelete