To think that about one year ago, I was a new blogger that was stuck in a quilting rut and trying to choose a word for 2012. The word I chose was "Stretch". I told myself that 2012 would be the year where I would stretch myself and my skills by trying all new things and techniques. I even created a set of yearly goals for myself.
1. Get more involved with challenges
- I think I entered many challenges this year including the monthly Color Palette Challenge
- I tried to post more regularly, such as Design Wall Mondays or WIP Wednesdays
- I have one Craftsy class in progress and have 3 classes registered for Quiltcon
- Many completed
- Uh.....lets just say I really accomplished this goal and leave it at that
- I have a class scheduled at Quiltcon and have done a few minis
- Made plenty of these this year
- Finally, I think I got over my hexagon issues under control. I even made my first pillow using all hexies
So, after reviewing my goals I am amazed at how much I got accomplished (why is it that I cannot make this sort of accomplishment on my weight goals!!)
I am looking forward to new things in 2013, and my word for this year is "Build." I am hoping to build on all the experiences I have had in 2012 and complete more projects. My new goals include:
- learn to take better photos
- learn to machine quilt
- conquer my fear of triangles (those pesky things need to get under control)
Linking to the Fresh Sewing day at Lilys Quilts.