Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vote - Bloggers Quilt Festival

Hello everyone!!!  I just got back from my cruise vacation and I am simply honored, stunned, and amazed with the comments on my "Busting Out" entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I hope that I have responded to everyone and thanked them.  When I say that your comments made me smile, I mean it!

And.....can you believe it? I have been nominated for an award.  Really, its true!  Please check out the entries as there is some amazing inspiration out in the blog world.  There is also a bit of time left to go to Amy's Creative Side and vote in all of the categories.  My quilt is nominated in the hand quilting category.


(exhale and deep breath).......OK.....I am so, so, so hesitant to write this.  And if I do post it, I may go back and delete this entry later.  But as I alluded to in my last post, I am having internet issues.  The truth is that a few days before I left for vacation my house was broken into around 3 p.m. when I was at work with only the schnauzer at home.

The usual things were taken as well as the ice cube trays from the freezer, trash can, dresser, plant stand, and yes.....some quilts too.  I don't want to go into it, but I can tell you that during all the hours that I spent creating and hand quilting these quilts, I never once thought they would be used to carry away my shoes, handbags, and other items.  I am sure my mom didn't think about that either when she made me a Christmas quilt that I displayed year-round because I liked the colors (dark blue/red). 

I have quilt pictures in the PCs, iPad, and camera that was taken.  Busting Out was somehow spared because I had moved it to a different location to take photos for the festival.  My passport was also left behind so I was able to go on the cruise.  Although my quilt room was ransacked and some WIPs were destroyed, I found the fabric that I received for the In the Bag, Ugly Fabric Challenge in a neat stack downstairs.

So, looking ahead.....I still have the fabric to participate in the Ugly Fabric challenge.  And my mom is finishing this month's Color Palette challenge piece so I will try to post tomorrow using my dad's PC.  Also, I will be participating in the Lets Get Acquainted Blog Hop later in June at Plum and June.

Trying to stay positive.....

6 comments:

  1. Mina...I am heartsick for the loss of your quilts and your other belongings. Saying a little prayer for their return to you. Glad you, your Mom, and you pup are all OK....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 😡people can be so.....so..... Ergh. Im so sorry this happened to you. Glad your dear ones are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!!!!! that's horrible, i'm so sad that you lost your quilts :( i can't even imagine spending all that time, effort and creativity on something just to get it stolen. i hope that your stuff is recovered. glad no one was home, and that your dog wasn't hurt or taken either. i hope the police find out who did this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your nomination, that is a great, dynamic quilt! I am so sorry about what happened at your house...sending positive thoughts your way. I hope they are able to find the people who did it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! But I am so sorry that you were broken into and lost so many meaningful items :(

    ReplyDelete