Friday, April 12, 2013

Finish it Friday - Craftsy Projects

Last weekend there was a great sale at Craftsy of classes up to 75% off.  I ordered "Inspired Modern Quilts with Elizabeth Hartman" (Oh, Fransson) and I think this may be my favorite class so far.  I know that I will make all of the projects.
 
I just finished the first quilt top last night, "Tiles".  I really liked making this.  I am a quilter that pins everything, but this quilt went together with no pins.  I can see myself using this pattern again.



I have been thinking about tackling the Marcelle Medallion quilt that many are making.  I live in the 4th largest city in the U.S. and last weekend I could not find a copy of Liberty Love, not in 2 quilt shops, several fabric and craft stores, or a big book store. 
 
 
 
But I did find the spring issue of Love Quilting & Patchwork which features the Marcelle Medallion quilt on the cover on sale at Joanns.  I haven't finished reading this magazine, but so far I love it - lots of eye candy.  There is even a feature on Tula Pink (one of my current favorites).

Linking today to Finish It Friday and to Whoop Whoop Fridays.

5 comments:

  1. Those tiles are so fun and great since you didn't even use pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth is amazing, isn't she? Your quilt looks great and I am heading to Joann's to pick up that magazine!! I just got Liberty Love and am trying to get my nerve up to make the Marcelle Medallion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your black, white, and red quilt! I've been doing several Craftsy course as well... just finishing piecing the quilt top for Leah Day's Freemotion Fillers. I'd love to have you stop by Fiber Artist Journey and link up for Design Wall Weekend! http://fiberartistjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finish!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your BW&R quilt is quite spectacular. Love it.

    ReplyDelete