Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Craft Buds - Craft Book Project


Craft Book Month at Craft Buds
Craft Buds  is having a party to celebrate that September is Craft Book Month.  To join the party, you need to make something from a craft book - any book.  Your selected project needs to be completed in 2012.

I have been following the blog hop and it's been interesting to see every one's book choices and the projects that were made.
   
I love to read craft books and have quite a few.  For this party, I decided that I would choose a book that I recently won during a blog hop for Jane Sassaman's new book "Patchwork Sassaman Style".  The book came at a perfect time because I had a bundle of Sassaman's Garden Diva's that I had been wanting to cut into.
This book is filled with many glossy pictures and has a lot of projects and information.  I chose to make a mini that in the book is called "The Fan". 

I call my mini "Dawn and Dusk".  I had to change the dimensions of the arches to match the fabric that I had to fussy cut.  This threw off my calculations a bit, but I figured it out.  The completed piece is 18x18.


Check out all of the other projects at the Craft Buds linky party.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Perfect name too. That book looks very compelling.

    You have joined up with some fun things, the Craft Buds, the Blogtoberfest, and the other one to finish things up by year end. I want to do them all too, but I feel like I'd be seriously over-comitting. Still...hmm...got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dawn and Dusk block is inspiring. Have aloways wanted to try Drunkards path.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete