Sunday, July 22, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Wiggly Bags

I have had a busy weekend working on several projects.

*  Wiggly Bags
I have never heard of a wiggly bag and I had to google it.  It is basically a bag that is used to hold a hickman or a "wiggly" line for a child who is undergoing cancer treatments.  A tutorial and more information can be found at Strawberry Patch Ramblings.  The bags are made with two 6 inch squares, twill tape, and velcro.  I tried to use a mix of fabrics, including those that might appeal to a teenager.  18 bags were completed and are ready to be mailed out.  I stopped making them, only because I bought up all the twill tape at my Joanns.  


 *  4 Patches 4 Hope
While I was making the bags, I thought I would stop by 4 Patches 4 Hope to see if they needed more 4 patch blocks.  Regina started this project last year to honor her mother, and now her older sister is being treated in the same facility where her mum was treated.  Please stop by and send her some encouragement.  A box full of patches is also ready to be mailed.

Linking up today to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to the Lets Get Acquainted Blog Hop at Plum and June.  Featured this week on the blog hop are:

July 24: Colby from Sew Quilt Explore, Fiona from Celtic Thistle
July 26: Mary from Spoolhardy Girl, Fiona from Finding Fifth

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links to the "give back" sewing links. I had never heard of a wiggly bag either. Seems easy enough and would bring a little bit of light to a child who has a lot of dark, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pouches, Mina.

    By the way, I've left something for you on my blog, hope you'll visit when you have the time, thanks!

    http://handmadebyfarahlin.blogspot.com/2012/07/ive-been-lovely-blogged.html

    ReplyDelete