Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Behind the Seams - My Oldest Fabric

Today I am linking up to the Behind the Seams - Fabric party at Fabric Engineer. 




The topic is to blog about the oldest fabric in your stash.  I have had a few stash purges, but I think I found an old WIP that features the oldest fabric in my stash.  Can you guess the year that I bought this fabric?  

It is white cotton with silver sparkle stars and the year "2000".  I remember seeing this fabric many places in 1999 right before the year 2000.  I bought 2 yards and thought I would make a Year 2000 quilt but never could come up with a design.  As years passed, I couldn't think of a project to make using it and it didn't seem right to donate it.  (I mean, I couldn't understand someone wanting Year 2000 fabric.)

I had an idea to use this fabric for yo-yos, since no one would notice the Y2K material.  I think the yo-yos look cute with the sparkly material.  I think I will use the yo-yos to make a garland for Christmas decorations. 

6 comments:

  1. I have some of that fabric and still think of it as fairly new, LOL! You must be young. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, the yo-yos totally change the look of the fabric. I think the Christmans garland will look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting fabric! And such a great use for it now that it is out of date. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those yo yo's will make a really cute garland :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would make a lovely garland, too. How big are the yo-yos?

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use for that fabric! wow I hate to think how old some of the fabric in my stash is. My mom had some of it and she has been gone since 1989. It is interesting to see how fabric prints progress over the years and what is and is not popular.

    ReplyDelete