Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday - String Blocks

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

Still on the design wall are the spider web blocks from last week.  Since I have never made this block before, I searched other blogs for a tutorial and/or tips and came across a request for string blocks at Margaret's Hope Chest.  in white, aqua, purple, and fuchsia.  I set aside my spider web blocks and pulled strings out of my stash in the requested colors.  The deadline for the blocks is April 30, so I think that this small stack will be mailed out soon.


 Before I work on the spider webs again, I need to complete my April project for the Color Palette Challenge.   Any guess on what the inspiration photo is? (Answer)

4 comments:

  1. looks like one of the plates that I used to "rescue" from under my sons bed when he was a tenager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your inspiration looks like a mold culture on some left over quiche. Very pretty color combo none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. String blocks look great and yep I recognized that pic for what it is, not like I had any personal experience with it or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mina--you're one of my Liebsters (favorites!!) Please go to my blog and see what it's about. :-)

    ReplyDelete