Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thirfty Thursday - Blogtoberfest Day #6

Its day #6 of Blogtoberfest and I am having a good time visiting everyone's blogs.  I have even re-designed my blog a bit to make it easier to read.  I've been good at posting every day this month, so far so good.

I have been a bit busy lately and haven't had a recent thrifty find, so I will share one of my favorite finds and best of all it was - FREE!




When Hurricane Ike hit Houston several years ago, there was damage to many houses.  I would guesstimate that over 90% of the homes in my area had damage to the fences.  I stayed at my parent's house during the storm and their fence had blown down, so we had to walk the dogs several times a day.  We were at the outskirts of her subdivision and were crossing an empty parking lot when I came across the letter M.  I picked it up and said to my mom, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a letter K?"  I was halfway through saying K when I looked over 3 feet and there was a K on the ground!

We couldn't believe it!  M.K. are my initials.  There were no other letters or debris around and we could not figure out where they came from.

1 comment: