Tuesday, April 7, 2015

2015 Finish Along - Quarter 2 Intentions

With 2014 being my year of scrap and stash busting, my goal for 2015 has been to complete my WIPs (unfinished projects).  I joined the 2015 Finish Along and I think I did a good job with Quarter 1, finishing 5 projects from my to-do list.

I have learned though, that it is much more fun to start new projects than to finish old projects!

Quarter 2 Goals - 
New Projects

(1) Hazel - 1 block down, 3 more to go.  


(2) Just playing with scraps. Not sure what this project will be, maybe a rainbow mini.


(3)  Cotton & Steel Sawtooth Star blocks that I realize need greater fabric contrast.


(4) I found this orphan star block.  Not sure what this will be, maybe a pouch or a mini, maybe I'll add some Star Trek fabric.


(5)  The class project from the Gee's Bend class at Quiltcon.


 


(6)  Miss Kate Hexy quilt.  All of the hexies have been cut and I have started to put them together in rows.

(7)  Tula Pink Hexy project.  I found in my stash, one of my first attempts at making hexies using a charm pack of Parisville.  I think I may attempt to salvage the project.

Projects returning from Quarter 1.

(8)  Tilt.  Completed in 2012 and with the quilting about 75% complete, I think it really is time to finish this quilt.


(9) Lime Spider Web.  Boy, was I doing the happy dance several weeks ago thinking I had enough blocks for the top.  After counting, counting, and recounting, I was 6 blocks (24 wedges) short.  How did that happen?! 


(10)  Even after completing one house quilt in the first quarter, I still have enough blocks for about 2 more quilts.  My goal is to have at least one house quilt finished.


(11)  Pink Greek Cross quilt top needs quilting.
(12)  Lolly quilt blocks are completed using a tropical/floral themed jelly roll. 
(13)  Lolly scrap quilt.  All the strips have been cut from yardage since I am not using a jelly roll.
(14)  Hip To Be Square Challenge top completed, just needs quilting 


Well, I think that is enough projects for now.  I have a few long term projects that I work on occasionally, but I think I will leave those for another time.

Linking to the 2015 Finish Along.

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

2 comments: