Saturday, March 14, 2015

Le Challenge - Passion

This month's Le Challenge theme is "passion".  I honestly thought that I would skip this month because I wasn't sure what to make, but then realized this is a challenge so I needed to step it up a bit.

Once I thought about it though, it was easy.  My passion is quilting and it has been for many years. On my sewing wish list has always been a quilting pouch that I could carry my supplies, especially when I am making hexies.


This is the Mending Kit from Michelle Patterns made in my favorite Tula Pink fabric line, The Birds & The Bees.  


It was easy to make in one afternoon.  The hard part was deciding on what fabrics to use.

I have also made the Idea Pouch from Michelle Patterns.  Here is a shot of both to show the difference in the sizes.


Please check out the other "passion" themed entries for this month's Le Challenge

 photo LeChalleng

7 comments:

  1. Oh! So very pretty! They look so well made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty, and a great idea. I have been meaning to make an ideas pouch for a while but I think the mending kit looks even cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both and just check the patterns, so I see one in my future! It is easy to understand quilting is your passion one of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh ... I love the exterior fabric on your mending kit. I have some of the ladybugs in the same colorway, too, but I can't decided what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you took on the challenge! This is so sweet and those fabrics are perfect! I find having a bag for my epp makes it easy to grab and take anywhere :) Thanks for linking up to le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these pouches! Glad you joined this month, and made something so cute as a result! THnaks for sharing on le challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great idea. I missed that mnth due to work comitments which sounds like an excuse but sometimes time is not on our side. Will really try to make it in time for next time.

    ReplyDelete