Monday, January 5, 2015

Design Wall Monday - Jan.5

Its the first Design Wall Monday of the year and I have a design wall!  Yes, no more using the floor. Over the holidays, I moved some furniture and created a design wall.  

The first project for the design wall are these blocks that I made during an improv class at Quiltcon 2013.  I sewed them all together, but then put the project away.  I never felt right about this piece because the blocks were lost when sewed together.



So I got out the seam ripper and threw them up on the design wall.  They look so much better now that they have been set free.  First up, I think that I will reinforce a few seams and then press the blocks.  

It may be ambitious, but I think that finishing this project will be my January goal for the Lovely Year of Finishes.
My Button

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it thrilling to have a design wall? When I finally made one ("made" one by taping up a large piece of batting - took 5 min) I was like what took me so long?? Your blogs are sweet and would look great with some sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love multi colored quilts. They are my speciality. Found your blog on 2015 a lovely year of finishes.
    Katheen blog: Kathy's Nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a design wall and these fab improv blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks remind me of flowers! (Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part since it is cold an snowy here.) Now that they are free, what will become of them, I wonder! Have fun with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the colours in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete