Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Stash - January 12, 2014

One of my goals this year (and last year), is to take better pictures.  I just plain suck at this.
 
Today, it was time to do something about it.  After reading a bunch of tutorials, I built a simple light box and tested it using a stack of Kona solids I bought this afternoon.
 
 

Somehow, I still don't think its working out the way I thought.  The pictures were just not as crisp as I expected.  I believe the next step will be to work on my camera settings.

But this photo experiment will have to wait because that fabric stack looks like it wants to have some fun!

Linking up this week with Sunday Stash.

4 comments:

  1. It is wonderful that you are doing some experimenting, Mina! I have read about a light box, but have not tried that idea yet. I just got a new camera... too many buttons!!! But I did find there is a close up setting. I think your picture looks great! Hope you and your sweet KONA solids are having fun! I just finished my first KONA project and my post will be live on Monday morning. Hope you will come visit and enter in my giveaway! http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours! I wonder what fun you will get up to with this gorgeous stack. It's funny how they really do call to us, isn't it?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're almost there with the photograph! The lighting looks even, and well lit, and that is the hardest part. So great work there! The composition could just use some excitement! Try shooting on an angle, or showing the fabric in multiple pictures with only a few fabrics in each. Also, don't try to put the fabrics dead centre in the photograph, it will be much more interesting off-centre or bleeding out of the frame. Nearly there!

    ReplyDelete