Monday, November 18, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Fifty Shades of Groovy

On my design wall today is my quilt from a class that I took at the recent Houston International Quilt Festival.  There were not many modern quilting classes at all, but I register for "Fifty Shades of Groovy" taught by Leslie Tucker Jenison.
 
I really had a good time in class.  I learned a lot from the instructor about design, color, and planning your quilts.  Often, I love to get started on a new project and just jump in.  I don't think I plan too much, maybe I need to think things out more.


The class materials called for a layer cake of material in bold, graphic prints.  I thought that my stash of Echo worked well.

 
I just put these blocks on the wall.  They're in no final order just yet.  Not sure how big this will be and I have some extra blocks.

 
I thought the instructor's quilts were very bold and the quilting was fabulous.



During lunch and after class, I was able to go to through the quilt show and shop.  I can say that at the end of the day, I was worn out.


This picture was taken at the end of the day.  There was no way the aisles looked this way during lunch!  The place was packed.
 
Linking today to Design Wall Monday.

2 comments:

  1. What fun you must have had in Houston!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be biased but I much prefer the blocks on your design wall! Groovy and far out!

    ReplyDelete