Monday, August 20, 2012

Desing Wall Monday - Proverbial Quilt Along

This weekend we finally got some much needed rain.  This means plenty for time of sewing and not much time for bicycling.  But, I did get a short ride in and the very first thing I did when I pulled away from my car was crash.   Not a big crash.  I just ran into those skinny white divider plastic cones.  FYI - those cones make a real big noise when you run into and over them.  



So, I had time to start my quilt for the Proverbial Quilt along at Poppyprint.  I have several jelly rolls and some bundles of Tina Given's Havens Edge that I have been wanting to cut into.  The pattern calls for making templates.  After making a few test blocks , I realized that I could paper piece the blocks.


I do not have much experience with paper piecing, but thought I would give this a try.

After piecing, I turned the letter over and trimmed the blocks to include a 1/4 inch seam allowance.




I still have many more letters to go.  I decided to use the quote that came with the pattern:

When we are flat on our backs,
The only way to look is up.
Find release from your cares,
Tomorrow is another day.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times. 

Also, linking to the Blog Hop News at Plum and June.   This week's schedule on the Lets Get Acquainted Blog Hop:

Aug 21
Marta from From Marta with Love
Marion from My Quilt Diet

Aug 23
Ginny from Fish Creek Studio
May from Confessions of a Fabraholic

7 comments:

  1. I hope you are doing OK after your little crash. I like all othe colors on your design wall. Pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mina - your letters look great so far and only a couple more to go :) I hope you weren't injured badly after your crash - it's frustrating to crash at the beginning of the ride...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer about the cone crashing - I hope you weren't hurt. Love those letters, this is going to be a fab quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your letters are looking great. Mum traced mine on freezer paper and then I use those as the pattern or template. You can then reuse the little pieces several times. Your method works great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quote! Have fun making this--paper piecing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about the cone crashing and hope you're doing ok. Pretty fabrics and your letters look great, by the way. It's going to look gorgeous, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The paper pieced letters are really impressive.. paper piecing isn't easy! I like the quote! (The last line reminds me of one of my favorite books, Gone With the Wind!)

    ReplyDelete