Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!

To celebrate the new year's eve I had a quilt-a-thon which I hope to continue throughout the weekend.  I am trying to clear up my sewing area and finish some projects so I can start the new year with new projects!

Today, I am linking up to the Small Blog Meet at Lily's Quilts.  This get together is held on the first of every month where new and/or small bloggers can meet fellow bloggers.

December was a busy month with the holidays, but I still managed to get some time to sew.


December projects:
  1. Tilt quilt top.  Pattern by Kaffe Fassett and made from aquas and greens from a fat quarter of Olivia's Holiday.  This top went together so easy, that I am planning another quilt from this design.
  2. Neapolitan Star quilt top.  Pattern titled "Made in Cherry" by Sarah Fielke from a tutorial at Lecien.  The top is made using orange, pink, and brown fabrics.
  3. Georgia Quilts String Tulip quilt.  Just a snippet is shown.  It is hand appliqued and hand quilted in a free hand pattern.  This is SO CLOSE to being finished as it just needs binding.  This is the quilt that started my blog and is my first attempt at applique.
  4. Scrappy X and + quilt blocks.  Based on a quilt made by Setsuko Inagawa and made from a tutorial over at Badskirt blog.
  5. Twister mini-quilt top.  Created using the Twister template and leftover charm blocks.
If you have stopped by from the Small Blog Meet, welcome.  If not, head on over to Lily's Quilts and check it out.

Small Blog Meet

P.S.  My new year's resolution is to learn to take better pictures of my quilts!

14 comments:

  1. I love your mini twisters! Happy quilting in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects! Do you know about the 'x' & '+' swap starting soon on flickr? Just an fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the huge star quilt top!!! I've been wanting to make one of those for a long time now..Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, lovely quilts that you have made there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours! Specially like the X and + block. I'll second what Debbie said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i'm coming from the small blog meet :) love the star!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your star quilt - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects. I hope you have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Mina, I need to take better pictures of my quilts, too! Although, I think yours are much better than mine. I am here via the small blog meet.

    Love your dog's picture! It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to 'meet' you! I just signed up to do a quilt along with the made in cherry pattern. :)

    http://thepewteracorn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice! am wanting one of the lil twister templates after seeing all the beautiful things created with them. have a great day

    ReplyDelete